MBBS Abroad – Why Study MBBS Abroad
- Students can get medical education at affordable costs (INR 15-25 Lakh).
- Generally, no donation fees are required to get admitted to medical colleges abroad.
- No entrance test is required to get admission in medical colleges abroad.
- The living cost is low in the countries mentioned above, such as in Russia, the average monthly living cost can be USD 100-150 including overhead expenses.
- Availability of world-class infrastructure is also the major reason why students want to pursue medical studies abroad.
- There are many opportunities to get international learning and work exposure. Students get the chance to interact with students coming from different countries, ethnicity, and background in the top medical universities abroad.
- Many medical universities abroad use the English language as the medium of education. It’s not necessarily required for students to learn the local language of the country to study MBBS.
MBBS Abroad – Universities To Study MBBS Abroad
Students who wish to get a world-class medical education can apply for the medical colleges in the countries listed below. But they should be cautious that they are not misled by fabricated information by agents or consultants.
Medical Council of India or MCI has notified on their website about the countries/colleges recognised by it.
There are 393 medical colleges in different countries that are recognised by the MCI
Factors To Consider Before Choosing A Medical University To Study MBBS Abroad
When an applicant selects a country to study MBBS abroad, the next step is to choose an appropriate medical university. The following tips can help you in selecting the best medical university to study MBBS abroad.
- One should get familiar with the ranking details of the university.
- Details on medical course faculty, course curriculum, number of students, etc.
- Students should check out about recognition of the universities they are applying to.
- Tuition fees and accommodation costs
- Whether the university offers MCI screening coaching or not
- Living costs
- You could also check out the number of Indian students studying at the university you are applying at.
MBBS Abroad – MBBS In India vs Abroad?
Studying MBBS from foreign universities depends on the country, medical college and other factors mentioned earlier.
Comparisons between medical education in India and abroad
MBBS In India
Better theory syllabus
Better clinical experience
No language barrier while studying and practising medicine in India
Appear for NEET for UG/PG studies, obtain NLE license to practice in India
1. International exposure
2. Student exchange programs
3. Admission process is easier in some foreign government medical universities as compared to the ones in India. It’s tough to get a government college seat in India for aspiring candidates.
4. Student who obtains MBBS under MCI approved colleges abroad is eligible to practice in India. But they have to clear MCI screening exam and complete 1 year of internship in India and register with MCI as a medical practitioner.
Students studying MBBS abroad have to appear and clear the MCI screening test to get a license for practising medicine in India. However, clearing the MCI screening test is tough and students should have a strong foundation in their MBBS curriculum if they wish to crack it. Foreign Medical Graduate Examination or MCI screening test is conducted by National Boards of Examination. There are plenty of opportunities after graduating with an MBBS degree in India and abroad.
MBBS Abroad – Eligibility Requirements
Indian medical aspirants must have secured a minimum of 50% in their Class 12 from Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
Medical aspirants belonging to the reserved categories such as SC, ST, OBC and Minority can apply with the minimum of 40% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology, according to the guidelines of MCI.
Medical aspirants have to be NEET (National Eligibility cum Entrance Test) qualified, as it is mandatory from 2019 onwards.
Best To Study MBBS In Russia
Russia has been popular destination for International students for pursuing MBBS right from Soviet Era. Russia boasts about occupying almost 30 positions amongst top 100 ranking Medical Universities according to the World Health Organization (WHO)’s “Directory of World Medical Schools”. Pass-outs from Russian Medical Universities are presently working in the leading Hospitals across the globe. MBBS in Russia is a preferred choice for International students because of highly subsidized fee by Russian Ministry of Health & Education as compared to other western countries.
High Quality of Education combined with this low cost is one of the main reasons for choosing top medical universities of Russia for MBBS. There are almost 57 medical universities in Russia. The student to teacher ratio is 7:1 in all Russian Medical Universities. About 12 of these universities provide MBBS in English Medium..
In the past decade there has been a tenfold increase in number of international students travelling for MBBS in Russia. All universities are recognized by WHO & Medical Council of leading countries like U.S.A, U.K, middle east, Australia, India, Canada etc.
Duration of MBBS in Russia in English Medium is 6years. Students can also opt for MBBS in Russian Medium. Duration of which is 7 years which includes 1 year as Russian Language Training (Preparatory Faculty)
It is due to the following reasons that the students prefer going to Russia for MBBS:
- Quality of education
- Less strict eligibility conditions for admission
- Low tuition fees
Universities to look out for in 2019 by Indian students for pursuing medical education in Russia: